Monday, May 2, 2011

Celebrating Easter in Vienna





We had a great time visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Vienna. We did lots of fun stuff, like having a dinner at a Heuriger, celebrating Grandma's and Grandpa's birthdays, I had fun going with Joela to the Sisi-Museum, Lilli had a blast at the 'Butterfly House', and Marit was a such a good 'camper'. =) Slept well and hardly ever complained. It was bitter sweet to be there, since it was our last time to be at Grandma's and Grandpa's place. They will return to the States this fall and when we come to Vienna one last time in September, they will already have moved out of their apartment. Jeremy and I were thinking how much this place actually means to us: for me it was a haven, when I worked in Vienna and would visit Jeremy over the weekends and could stay overnight there. It was in this apartment where I got ready for the 'Standesamtliche Hochzeit' (to get married in a register office - sounds so unromantic, but we made the best of it!), and in this apartment we filled out all the forms we needed to be able to live in the States after we got married. I found out there that I was pregnant with Joela. All our kids were there as little babies. Oh my, bitter sweet indeed! We will miss being able to visit Grandma and Grandpa just like that, and will have to pray for lots of money to come in so we can visit them in the States also 'just like that'! But Vienna we won't see that much anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment