My kids seem to have been sick FOREVER. Lilian got sick the night before Joela's birthday and had to take antibiotics. While she was getting better, Marit got sick with a very bad cough and was running a high fever, so we had to take her to the doctor last Sunday. She was diagnosed with a bronchitis and sadly had to take antibiotics as well. While she was getting better, Lilian got sick AGAIN with an 'inflammation of the middle ear' (not quite sure if this the correct translation), and if that wasn't enough she ended up having a very bad stomach bug on top of it. So her ear infection seems to have healed, but she hasn't eaten anything since last Thursday. Today she ate a small piece of bread and half a banana. That's all. Now I do have the feeling she is getting better though, but could you believe it? Marit got a fever this morning and has been very cranky all day. Joela has thankfully not gotten sick and it is my prayer that she will make it through this without catching anything from her sisters.
But - I feel like I am at the end of my strength. Since the move I have been feeling very exhausted and every challenge on top of my busy every day life seems to be too much to bear.
So yesterday evening I was so angry and upset and felt so miserable. I know my kids will get healthy again - but for right now it seems like this is a never ending cycle of sickness and cranky children. I want to finally be able to go outside again and enjoy the sunshine and not have to worry about the nights, if they will sleep through or not.
But just right now I came across a blog that tells the story of a 9 month old girl who suffers from leukemia. The parents have three girls and have to somehow manage their family life with this illness of their wee one. And I complain about ear infections and stomach bugs? About one restless night or two? About a not so high fever?
Oh, Lord, you promised your yoke is easy and your burden is light. You won't challenge us beyond what we can handle. You are faithful in your promises and faithful in helping us through hard times.
Please, change my perspective in this trying time. Help me to be the rock for my children when they are sick. Help me to comfort them, even though I am so tired and exhausted. Help me to look away from myself and pour myself into my girls. Teach me about sacrifice and what it means to go the extra mile for them.
And please bless this little girl who suffers from leukemia. Touch her body and bring healing to her. Strengthen her parents, give them all they need and beyond that to handle this situation.
Thank you that you are the blessed controller and you see them where they are at.
No comments:
Post a Comment