Monday, September 29, 2008

My 27th Birthday

This picture was taken in the morning. Jeremy and Joela sang 'Happy Birthday' and Joela helped me unwrap my presents. =) My 27th Birthday was a good day, thanks to Jeremy and my cute kids. =)
I had some friends and their kids over for breafast. That was great! They got me different kind of teas - and I LOVE having a good cup of tea in the fall. So this gift was perfect. I was just amazed that I have already found such good friends, even though we haven't lived here all that long. Around lunch time I got a call from a childhood friend who somehow manages to always remember my birthdays. =) That made me feel special. Jeremy was able to work in Hof that day, so he was there for lunch and also got off work an hour earlier. In the afternoon we went to a playground and enjoyed really tasty Mohnkuchen.
I was trying to reflect a bit on my life. I used to journal at least two pages the night before my birthday, but due to overwhelming tiredness in the evenings I have given that up the last couple years. Sadly. It is always good to look back and to be reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness. To realize that He was there all the time. That in the end everything makes perfect sense. I have so many reasons to be thankful: my husband, my kids, my friends, my church, our great apartment, .... Even though life has been very rough at times, GOD IS GOOD! And He uses the hardship we go through to make us more like Him. To bring out the good things that He put in us. Lately I have sensed a new passion to do God's will. To make my life count. I don't want to waste a single day! It is a blessing to be able to invest into my children, my family. My prayer is that I am able to love them towards Jesus.

Father God, take my life. It is my offering to you. I want to serve you faithfully wherever you put me, under any circumstances. I want to shine your love, I want to be a witness of your goodness. You are wonderful! Thank you for healing my wounds. And lifting my spirit up to you.
ALL the days of my life I want to praise you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment